A Little About Myself
My name is Dylan Blankenship, and I am a novice web designer working at Creative Marketing Arts
My Computer Experience
My computer history is fairly expansive, I have been using computers since I was eight years old and will continue to use them for the rest of my life. I built my first computer at the age of 11, however it was a fairly low-end at the time. A simple FX-6300 CPU and a Radeon HD 7870 installed on an old Gigabyte 990-FXA UD-3 mobo. Of course the Windows install at the time ran off of a small 100 GB SSD and the rest of the storage ran off of my 3 TB HDD. Since then I have not only been building computers and upgrading computers for friends and family, but also building home servers for data storage, rendering adobe projects, etc. I plan to use my home server to experiment with the Ethernet protocol and gain a greater understanding of how the protocol behaves.My computer experience is expansive, ranging from building low-end computers to high-end render servers for my school. I love coding in Dreamweaver and pyCharm. My favorite languages are CSS, PHP, Python, and C++.
What I Know About The Web and Web Publishing
What I know about the web, well, almost none of it is documented by web crawlers. There is a network I love using called Tor, that anonymizes my data. Web protocol can also do html compression depending on what type of OS the server Web publishing is critical to any business, if you business isn't published, then you are losing a large audience you can access. Websites are actually fairly simple, but all published code should be minified. Of all the websites I have made over the past year, just minifying my code usually reduced my file size by around 25%, as I leave a lot of whitespace in my dev code along with lots of comments.
Why I am Taking This Class...
I hope to learn some more advanced code about web design, compressing files in a more effecient manner, and dealing with advanced SEO optimization. Currently, I deal with SEO by creating indexed files that search engines are capable o referencing using PHP and JS.
My Favorite Interests and Hobbies Are:
- Listening to music, especially with my Sennheiser headphones! Click here to see my favorite music site.
- Installing new audio systems in my car, I currently run over 6,000 watts of audio in my little car. I plan to attend the Sacramento Winter audio competition. This company is one of the few that host car audio competitions.
- Building and upgrading my computers! I love being able to play games and render my projects faster. Click here to view my upcoming computer build in December.
- Networking and pentesting. I love to find exploits in servers and use them to my advantage. My most recent research was done into MESH wireless systems, more informaiton on MESH wireless systems can be found here. I am installing a MESH wireless system not only at my own house, but also at one of the my companies client's site (a shopping mall located in Danville).
My Web Assignments
- Hello, World!
- Lots of tags (Some Basic Formatting Links)
- Lots of tags 2 (Even More Formatting Links)
- Colors Assignments
- Inline Style
- Embedded Style
- Research Assignment #2
- Old Index (9-14-2017)
- JavaJam - 2